The Flybook V5 mini-notebook which was previewed at the CES last year is now available in the US. This 8.9-inch mini machine has all the makings of an ultraportable low-cost PC but we may have to remove the low-cost part as the FlyBook V5 is definitely not cheap. It sells for a whooping $3000 almost equal to the price of the MacBook Air.
Feature-wise, the Flybook V5 is not that different with some of the ULPCs that we’ve been featuring the past couple of days except for the main part which is of course its CPU. It goes without saying that the $3000 tag price is brought about by this Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Other features of the Flybook V5 includes:
- Intel Core 2 Duo ULV U7600
- 1.3 webcam
- Windows Vista OS
- 8.9” / 16:9 wide-view Color LTPS TFT LCD with (32-bit); 1024 x 600 (WXGA) high resolution 16:9 display
- 2.0 GB RAM
- 80GB HD
- LCD Overlaid Touch Panel; Landscape and Portrait dual mode
- HSDPA/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS/GSM (data, voice and SMS) Support triband UMTS (HSDPA):
- 850/1900 and 2100 MHz
- Support quadband EDGE/GPRS/GSM:
- 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Bluetooth 2.0 with antenna built-in
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g (Intel® 945GM) with antenna built-in